Friday, April 4, 2014

When Nana and Grandpa come to visit

When Nana and Grandpa come to visit!
 Saturday-Friday
March 29th - April 4th, 2014
 
 It was Evan's spring break so Nana and Grandpa came to visit while he went to DC! They flew into Phoenix where we met them and spent a few nights at an awesome resort then came back to Fort Defiance for a couple nights. The pictures got a little out of order and I'm lucky to find 5 minutes to sit down and do a blog so unfortunately they are going to stay that way!

The Wigwam resort was beyond awesome! There was so many fun things to do, including lots of fire pits.


It was so nice to go out at night and still have it be warm, so not used to that where we live.
 

 
They had the best pool ever too! At least best pool of any place I've ever stayed at. Grandpa as always was great with his Grandbabies and spent lots of time swimming with them.

 
Ian only got to spend one night with us since he had to go back to work, glad we got some fun swimming time in.

 
I LOVE this little girl. She may be a pain in my butt, and more demanding of my time then I could have ever imagined, but I adore the heck out of her.


Not only was the resort super fun, but it was also gorgeous. We felt like we were at a tropical get away. I have lived in Arizona now for over and year, and when we first arrived I was shocked...completely shocked...like are we still in Arizona shocked. It was so pretty!
 
We just finished eating breakfast outside overlooking a beautiful golf course. Lucky girls!
 

 
 
Ian adores his little girl. I sure am lucky that he is so helpful too, I don't know how I'd do it without him.

 
This day just happened to be our wedding anniversary. How lucky were we to be at such an awesome place to celebrate. It is crazy to think 2 years has already gone by. Our married life hasn't exactly been easy on us (mostly job and money wise), but I can say without a shadow of a doubt that no matter what we go through this guy will always be right here next to me. He is a great match for my crazy personality! Always lets me vent and listens to me whenever I need to talk about something. Helps me pick up the house, because he knows a messy house is the quickest way to make Mama mad, and knows just when I need comforting. It's crazy how much our lives have changed in the past 2 years, here's to hoping they change a whole lot more in the coming years (fingers crossed for a new job)!



I just love this picture of these two looking at each other. She was such a little stinker and just wanted me the whole time (she is a major mama's girl), but that didn't stop my Dad from trying. Kinsley is lucky to have a Grandpa like my Dad


Brody of course had a great time with Nana, his second favorite person in the whole world (he openly admits this, poor Ian!)!!


 
We tried so hard to get pictures of Kins and Bro, but neither of them would work with us. My Mom even bought them cute new outfits just for pictures, you think they would be nice and give us a few good poses.
Despite the look on her face I still think this is a cute picture, look at the cute outfit!! And her skinny little legs, hardly a roll on them. I STILL cant get over how big she was at birth and how skinny she is now.


Headed to the pool! We spent a lot of time there.



 
The people that worked at the resort all drove these golf carts around, I guess Kinsley thought they looked fun :)


 
Bro just kickin it back, enjoying life.
He sure keeps us laughing! I love this silly little boy.

 
 
We seriously got pampered here. They always brought pitchers of ice water and cups to us. On top of that we ordered things and got them hand delivered to us while we lounged away on our chairs, like these smoothies and humus. Yummy!

 
And we got a smile!!




 
Just hanging out with the baby girl.




We loved the fire pits! We ordered smores platters and had a great time. 


 
I loved spending time with my Mom. She has become one of my best friends! Hardly a day goes by that we don't talk and I wouldn't want it any other way. Oh how I wish we lived closer.

 
My babies and I, I love these two so incredibly much!! This is such a cliché thing to say, but they really do make life worth living!


 
I am so lucky to not only have a great Mom but also a great Dad. He is so kind and loving, and has a great deal of patience. And incredibly giving. He wants to see his family happy and will do just about anything to make that happen. I love my Dad!

 
Roasting Smores turned into pyro fun...boys!  



 
They had games set up around the fire pits, I cant remember the name of this one but the kids sure liked it.  








Our last day at the resort, we were sad to leave! 

 
Tuesday we made the 5 hour trip back to good ol Fort Defiance. I was a little nervous to bring my parents here but also excited for them to see our home and where we live. When we first got to town we had to stop at the grocery store (actually in Window rock), I made my mom go in with me and got the look of horror I was expecting once we walked in. And to top it all off a nearly toothless guy asked to use my phone as we were walking out haha, I told her we were lucky he didn't ask for money but I don't think that made things much better. They got to see the Hogan's (round hut type houses consisting of one room, smaller then most people's mater bedrooms) that people really truly live in, oftentimes multiple families in one. The storage units people use as homes, the many stray dogs, the dogs that get ran over and lay there till they rot, the free roaming wild stock...including the 5 or so cows that were hanging out at the gas station, and the less then appealing way most peoples homes look. BUT they also got the see the beautiful rocks surrounding our town, the beautiful wild horses and the forests...yes forests in Arizona. I was happy to show the good and the bad to them, we take it all as it is! We didn't have much time at our house but we did manage to squeeze a dinner in with all 3 sets of missionaries, It was fun having my parents met them and telling lots of Rez stories, mostly about the crazy people who think they talk to horse sprits and the 3 Nephits...yes we have crazies here and that's putting it nicely. But enough of the crazy Rez, it was a great visit with my parents, the only thing that could have made it better would have been for it to be longer. I cant wait till next time!




No comments:

Post a Comment

background