Sunday, May 12, 2013

Happy Mothers Day

Mothers Day!
Sunday
May 12th, 2013
 
This Mothers Day Kinsley and I stayed home from church sick. One of the best parts of today was being able to snuggle all morning with my sweet little girl. She was such an angel and let me sleep till just before 11:30 :) I was bummed that I wasn't able to hear Brody sick with the Primary during sacrament so when he got home I asked him how it went. He told me that he didn't sing, I of course asked why and his reply was "I didn't know the song, I only know Party rock", as in the song Party rock anthem! Seriously who is he!! I wasn't too happy that he didn't go up and sing but I have to admit his reasoning was a little funny. Later he also said it was because up from is really really really not fun!
 
It really is the little things in life that matter the most. Seeing these two happy and having fun together, that's what makes everything worth it.
 
Like I said earlier I stayed home sick, so I'm not looking my best! But I had to take some pictures with my two loves on my first Mothers Day as a Mommy of two.
 
(I just have to add that both Brody and Kinsleys shirts are recent DI finds, ones I was very excited about! I paid $1 for Kinsleys and $2 for Bro's...seriously why do people not Thrift shop!?)
 
 
Love Kinsley's face in this one haha.
 
 
During one of our Goodwill trips Brody found this maraca he thought Kinsley would like. I can just see her saying "I need to get a close look at this"...such a funny girl!
 
 
 
We are officially at that stage, you know the one where you have to keep things 5 feet away from the baby because if you don't she can somehow reach it. I swear babies can reach impossibly lengths with their little tiny arms! Well my salad bowl was a little too close to her so she got a hold of my fork, dragged it over and used it as a chew toy!

 
Just being with my children made it such a wonderful day. Ian gave me a card with a 30 minute massage and Brody made a card for me in primary. He wrote on it that his favorite thing to do was cuddle with me, such a sweet boy. I love my children more then words could ever express. They are the reason I enjoy life, the reason I try to be a better person everyday, they are everything to me. It is true that you never truly understand a mothers love until you are one, well I understand now and it sure is an incredible thing.


No comments:

Post a Comment

background