Monday, April 6, 2015

Jace 2 weeks

 
Jace Gabriel
2 Weeks
Monday
April 6th 2015
 
My pictures definitely aren't as good as my Mom's, just one of a million reasons why I miss her.
 
 
 Weight
We just had his two weeks checkup today so I know exacts. He weighs 9 pounds 8 ounces (what Bro weighed at birth, just a fun fact) which is in the 75th percentile, he is 21 inches long also the 75th percentile and his head circumference is 14 1/16 inches which is the 50th percentile.  

Health
This little boy couldn’t be doing better!! The only health problem he’s had so far was his circumcision. For the first week and a half it was bleeding and causing him a lot of pain during diaper changes, thankfully that is over.  

Sleep
He is perfect, seriously! He still sleeps a ton during the day of course and is a great sleeper at night. The most times he’s woken up to eat at night is 3, and that’s a lot for him. Even with him being a great sleeper I find myself losing a lot of sleep though. With every little sound he makes I worry something is wrong and have to check on him. He also loves to sleep with us, or should I say we both love it. I’m afraid I might be setting myself up for trouble later. Oh and Kins always ends up in bed with us, 4 people in a queen beds gets a little squishy.
Clothes
Still newborn, thank goodness…I don’t want him to grow! He can wear 0-3 months but they are big.  
Diet
Milk milk and more milk, and boy does he like to nurse. He’s not my best nurser though; sometimes he has a really hard time latching on. Night time is when he struggles the most; it can take a good 5 minutes for him to latch on.  
Crying
Once again he is a really good baby, that doesn’t mean he doesn’t cry but when he does its always for a reason and he can be quieted down pretty quickly.
Milestones
He doesn’t have too many milestones yet. He is working really hard at raising his head up, especially when we hold him up on our shoulder. I am pretty sure that he recognizes us now, he focuses on our faces a lot more. And he has been giving the cutest smiles ever! Mostly in his sleep J
Products I'm loving
I’m totally loving the binky clips my Mom made!! She made a ton so it’s super easy to match them to his outfits. And of course I’m also loving the binkies on them.
Fun Facts
It is still so weird to think he is our smallest baby at 9 pounds 8 ounces (at 2 weeks), I never in a million years imagined myself having such big babies. I saw a picture on Instagram the other day of a 5 pound baby, it seriously scared me!! It looked like it could break with any wrong move!
I also still can’t get over how lucky we are, that he is here and he is ours. The amount of love you instantly feel for each new child is indescribable, unlike anything else. And the crazy part is that love just continues to grow with each new day you spend with them. I am literally by all means obsessed with this little man; I just can’t get enough of him! He is mommies little angel, I know it’s still too early to be sure but I really hope he stays that way. I sure could use any easy child!  


No comments:

Post a Comment

background