Sunday, July 21, 2013

7 Months

7 Months
Sunday
July 21st, 2013
 This “monthday” was a specially one…It was during our vacation spent with my family, which means it was her first time meeting Grandpa and NaNa Jensen! It was so fun spending time with them, and even more fun seeing their love for our children and of course the love my children have for them. These pictures are so much better than mine I usually take, thanks to Nana, so enjoy!
 
  
Weight
Really not sure on her weight, I would guess she’s gained around a pound or less though, that seems to be her normal pattern.
 
Health
Again her health is awesome, no more sick baby around here!
 
Sleep
We have been on vacation for the past 3 weeks, so her sleeping habits are all off schedule. I’m ok with it though because it’s not her fault and we’re all having tons of fun. When you’re traveling and out doing fun things it’s hard to keep set nap times, so I have been trying to give her at least one good nap in her bed a day…other small ones in her car seat seem to be getting her by. She has been waking up a lot more often at night to eat, I’d say 3 times a night, and sleeping in bed with us for at least half the night. I have to be honest about this part though, I really don’t mind her sleeping in our bed. I know when we get home and back into our routine she will be in her room so it makes it so easy to just snuggle and love her all night in the mean time!
 Clothes
She’s pretty much right on track still. Mostly 6 month clothing, some 6-9.
 
 
 Diet
Boy has her eating habit drastically changed this month!! She is now eating jarred baby food, mostly consisting of fruit. She hates the veggies, really only giving sweet potatoes any kind of a chance. We even started out with veggies hoping she would really like them, but our plan failed miserably. She is also eating those baby puff things and yogurt bits, which come in handy while traveling! She still won’t take a bottle but we have experimented with a Sippy cup of water at my Aunts house and she seemed to really like it. I’m not sure if it’s all the traveling and people or what but she is losing more and more interest in nursing. She never wants to stop looking around to take the time to nurse, and I literally have to be in a quiet room for her to focus enough to get much of anything. Sometimes it’s so bad I have to nurse her while she is sitting up so that she doesn’t feel left out of what’s going on, she’s a crazy one! It makes me kind of sad, I love the tender moments we have while nursing…I’m not ready for them to be over. So I am praying that once things calm down she will enjoy nursing again.
 Crying
One thing traveling has done for her is improved her crying. She has been such an awesome baby the past month!! She hardly ever cries, and when she does it’s almost always because she’s either tired or hungry. I guess that’s what happens when you do lots of fun things with lots of family!
 
 
 Milestones
She is now great at sitting up! She does it by herself all the time now, and for long periods of time. She can even catch herself from falling while in the sitting up position and re-steady herself. She is also getting pretty good at self-feeding, not everything she grabs makes it to her mouth but she at least gets some. She for sure recognizes her name, which is so fun! Thankfully she is not crawling yet...but she is showing signs of it being in the near future, she holds herself up with her hands really well and has very briefly tried to get on her knees a few times. Early this month, around the 2nd or 3rd of July we discovered a tooth coming through on the bottom, and it’s a sharp little bugger!!
 
Products I'm loving
We really haven’t had any new product we are loving. We still love all of the ones previously mentioned, but no new ones that I can think of.
 
 
 
Fun Facts
This one is Ian’s favorite; she is now getting to the point where she enjoys when someone plays peekaboo with her! She is becoming more and more fun to play with; her heartwarming laugh makes it so enjoyable. She also has become very fond of her two uncles Gabriel and Evan, Evan totally and completely adores her!!
When she was a newborn I was in love with that stage, and I still totally LOVE it…I mean they are these sweet precious babies who hardly do anything so you get to snuggle cuddle and love on them ALL you want. Heck I could just spend all day snuggling and looking at my beautiful baby and be good. I was honestly a little intimidated by her getting older, after all it had been 4 years since I had a baby. I was nervous about the change of attention she would need, that I wouldn’t be good at playing with her, that I’m a better mom when it comes to loving and adoring by not so much at playing and entertaining. Ian always said that he couldn’t wait till her personality came out and he could play with her, I thought he was crazy, what’s not to love about the newborn stage. Well although I still completely and utterly adore the newborn stage I really love this stage as well. I would say that other than newborn this has been my favorite. She is SO FUN! She can “talk”, laugh, smile, play, sit up, roll over and be just about as cute as possible!

No comments:

Post a Comment

background