Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Our Special Day :)

Our Special Day
Tuesday
July 16th, 2013
 
There is a lot that leads up to this special day of ours, but I want to start off with saying that once I finally get to the actual event it will be a mixture of excitement, joy, pure happiness....frustration, and (looking back on) pretty hilarious stuff.
 
So here goes the back story...Ian has been such an awesome Dad to Bro Bro, really more then I could have ever hoped for. Once we were married he started talking about wanting to adopt Brody, one day he called around trying to find a lawyer, and one day he himself actually started the process. I did not push it at all. In May we drove to St George and became a compete "legal" family, but there was still something missing...we wanted more then legal. The next step for us was of course to become not only a legal family, but more importantly an eternal one. Words cannot even begin to describe how much my little family means to me, how much love I have for them. Sometimes I feel like my heart will literally burst from the love and joy my husband and children bring into my life. I cannot imagine my life without them in it, nor do I want to. When Ian and I were sealed in the temple it was a beautiful thing, to know I will always have him with me..for all eternity. But something was still missing, it was happiness, but not complete happiness...we were missing part of our family. All that being said I'm sure you can imagine what we did next...you guessed it, planned for our temple sealing, our family temple sealing.
I had not seen my parents and brother since January of 2012, and they had never met Ian or Kinsley, so I was THRILLED that they wanted to come share this amazing experience with us! They purchased their tickets to fly into Phoenix and stay with us in Prescott. We called the Mesa temple to schedule our sealing only to find out they would be closed for their annual cleaning...seriously!!! The next closest temple was in Snow Flake, which is 3 1/2 hours away, and quiet frankly didn't seem all that pretty for pictures afterwards...and if you know me you know we WILL be taking pictures afterwards :) After lots of trying to figure things out we all decided we would do it in St George, our favorite town and favorite Temple. Everything ended up working out perfectly! My parents switched their flight to Las Vegas and some of their friends had an awesome house on the golf course we all stayed in.

 
I was so glad we were able to do the sealing in the St George Temple, the same Temple Ian and I were married in. What a special memory to add to this special place for us.

 
Ok so here goes the story...I scheduled us to have an all white sealing, something I wish I would have done for our wedding but didn't know what it was at the time. Before the sealing Brody was So Excited!! He kept telling me how he was so excited to see Jesus, and the first thing he was going to do was give him a big hug!! I didn't have the heart to tell him that probably wasn't going to happen. It was at 5:20, so earlier that day we showed my family a little bit of St George, I remember towards the end wondering what was wrong with Brody, I chocked up it to him seeming really tired. We didn't have time for a nap though so we headed to the temple. As soon as we walked in the front doors Brody seemed a little uneasy. I had previously talked to him about having to go to the nursery while Ian and I got ready. I walked him over to the nursery, he was sooo not into it, then I told him I had to leave and he completely LOST IT!!! I'm talking hysterically crying, screaming, holding onto me with a death grip! If I remember right I think he even pushed the ladies away who were trying to get him to stay...he was not a nice Brody at this point. Kinsley, whom I thought would be the nightmare, was perfectly fine. I had no choice but to leave and hope for the best. The  imagine I had in my mind of how this day would be was quickly fading and reality was setting in. I tried to forget everything and focus on where we were and the blessing we were about to receive. I was so excited to be able to use the bridal suit again, but a little bummed no one was in there with me. I had hoped my Mom could be there, since she wasn't there the first time, but she was busy trying to tame Brody. I was also excited to wear my temple dress I was married in...once again my bubble was burst when we couldn't get it zipped up (keep in mind it is an x-small...ugh just the reminder I needed at this point). I stood in front of the mirror looking at myself with this dress I couldn't zip and thinking about the nightmare that was most likely still going on in the nursery, I had to fight with everything I had to hold the tears back. The sweet ladies helping me managed to find my same exact dress in a small, it wasn't my dress but it was good enough. Ian and I made our way to the room off our sealing room and waited for everyone. We had quiet some time to ourselves, I am sooo grateful for that. I still was at the point of possible tears at any given moment so it was crucial I had that time to sit, take in the beauty of this wonderful place we were, hold my husbands hand and let the spirit calm me down. The last time we were in the temple I had NO idea what to expect and NO idea what to do, this time I was much more prepared and was really able to sit in peace and truly feel the spirit. We made our way into the sealing room with all of our guests and were told the children would be up shortly. At this point I was at such peace that I didn't even think about the kids being crazy. I was so excited to see them, all dressed in white so pure and beautiful/handsome....the door opened....Ian and I see a man...then some legs...we realize the man in holding Brody, dead asleep. My heart sank. Brody does not wake up well. Kinsley was as sweet as can be, at least we had that! The man hands me Brody and I try my hardest to calmly wake him up. He is completely delirious. He keeps saying "I want my Mom" over and over again, once he finally realizes I have him  he saying "I want to go home" over and over and over again, in the most whinny cryish voice ever...and pretty loudly too. I said everything I could to try and calm him down but NOTHING would work. At one point I told him if he calmed down he could get ice cream, he then proceeded to loudly say "I don't want ice cream!" I could have died. He wouldn't even stand up, he was clinging to me for dear life, I literally did not know that to do. It felt like a lifetime, but it was more like 5 minutes passed...all full of what I just described, before we finally pretty much man handled him to the alter, my mom forcefully held his hand on ours and our sealer performed the ordinance...all the while Brody was crying and saying something...I don't even remember what. I couldn't even hear what our sealing was saying.
Sadly, or maybe luckily is a more fitting word, it was over. Everyone left except for my In laws, Ian and I. It wasn't until then that it hit me. I couldn't hold back the tears any longer, and this time they were tears of joy. Everything was calm, I was able to think straight again and it sank in what just happened. No matter how it happened, we were a family, an eternal family, all of us. That moment will forever been one of the happiest moments of my life.       

 
Our family after the sealing. Ariel and Keith were also there, as well as our good friends Gary and Megan, And our old Bishop Brother Rhodes with Brother Kinsey...both the men Ian worked with in the bishopric while we lived there.


One of our favorite wedding pictures was taken by this tree, I thought it was the perfect spot for us to capture this special day.
 

 


 
This was the same dress Kinsley was blessed in, yes it still fit!! I wasn't able to get any pictures of just her on her blessing day so I had my mom take some...what a cutie!!
 
 
Aside from the major melt down of Brody's, today was perfect. We had our family and friends with us and we now know we will always be together..that alone makes it a pretty good day in my book. Afterwards we went to Brick Oven for some dinner and enjoyed each others company! After everything was done my Mom was able to tell me her story from the nursery. Remember how Brody was acting...well it gets worse. There were two women in there watching the children, Brody starting saying "I hate those stinkin ladies", meaning the helpers, right in front of them! Then they had to get them dressed in his white clothes. I didn't realize he had blue underwear on, so they had to change him into white, he was not and I mean WAS NOT ok with that. He kept saying he didn't want anyone seeing his privates, not even my mom! At least we have taught him well with that right!? He completely refused to change his underwear so finally the helper just shoved the white underwear over his! He then proceeded again to tell my mom how much he "hates those stinkin ladies". I can't help but laugh now that it's over. Later that night we asked him about it, and he said that Ian looked like a chef and I looked like a lady chef! He then went on to describe in detail what Ian was wearing, even down to the design on things, I could hardly believe he saw anything through his massive fit throwing!! This will be quiet a funny story to tell him someday :)  

No comments:

Post a Comment

background