Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Birthday!!

Bro's 5th Birthday!!
Tuesday
October 1st, 2013
 
Today is Brody's special day...his Birthday!! I have no idea how the past 5 years went by so fast, it almost seems unreal to me. I remember giving birth to him like it was just the other day. I remember how small he was, what a sweet baby he was, how much he loved snuggling with me and the special bond we shared. Thank goodness we still share that special bond, it is hard enough having him grow up! He is such a sweet little boy, I really am one lucky mom to be able to call him my son.
 
Let me tell you a little bit about Brody...
He has one of the kindest hearts you will ever know, he truly cares about others. He wants other to be happy just as much as he himself wants to be happy. He knows what to say to make others feel good and he makes an effort to say those things. The other day I wore a maxi skirt, the second Brody saw me he told me how beautiful I looked. He will always apologize whenever he knows someone is upset with him or he did something wrong. A super sweet example, Brody shut the sliding glass door on Kinsley's fingers and as you can imagine she started screaming. We toke her into her room to try and calm here down. Brody felt horrible about this and came in to see how she was doing. She was still screaming so Brody thought that meant she was mad at him. Brody then said "Kinsley please don't be mad at me, I'm really sorry, I didn't mean to" and then gave her a hug and a kiss. Like I said he truly cares about others. He also LOVES having fun and LOVES being around other kids. He can sometimes be shy when it comes to big groups of people he doesn't know but then other times he will jump right in. His outgoingness really depends on the mood he is in. He is coming out of his shell more and more though as time goes on. He is getting a lot braver and now wants to walk himself to primary...not wanting help from anyone. He loves his family more then anything and loves being with us. He is also the most loving little boy! Although he is getting older and it is wearing off little by little he still really enjoys cuddling with me, especially at night. Every single night he asks me to cuddle with him, even if it's just for a minute he says :) He can also but a stubborn little stinker, once he has his mind set on something it cannot be changed very easily, wither its what he's wearing, what he wants to buy or anything really.
He is an electronics junky (which scares me to death), he loves watching Netflix, playing games online, watching crazy videos on YouTube, playing games on my phone, and playing/watching any kind of videogame. He is REALLY into Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles right now...like seriously obsessed. He watches the shows, plays with the toys, and watches reviews on YouTube of what to buy...crazy I know!! He's also really into Power Rangers and is going to be a Ninja for Halloween.
He is such an easy going kid, so easy to have around. He loves to do crafts like coloring, finger painting, and all other kinds of cool stuff, he especially loves making things for others. He also really enjoys doing all kinds of experiments and making fun potions. He loves to learn and is such a smart little boy, his Dad and I are amazed at some of the things he knows. His memory is incredible, he can remember things from years ago like it just barely happened. He will tell me detailed stories of things that literally happened years ago! He still to this day tells me how much he misses his Grandma Great, and how he loved the pink ice cream she gave him and the fun blocks/phone he played with there.
 He is such a fun little boy to have around. I always tell him that I love EVERYTHING about him, and I really do!! I couldn't ask for a better more handsome little boy to call my own. He is my little man cub!! His Daddy and I love him more then words can even express.
We Love you Brody Evan Harvey. Happy 5th Birthday!!
 
Like I mentioned earlier his newest love is Ninja Turtles, so we got him this awesome birthday shirt.
He was pretty excited!
We looked at pictures of cakes online and Brody requested a Donatillo (his fav turtle) one. I was a little nervous but it ended up turning out not to bad, thank goodness!
 Bro and cousin Boaz waiting for the party to start!


 Ready to make a wish, I would love to know what he wished for! I can only imagine what a little boys mind can come up with!
 
Since we are still fairly new and don't know many people (and living on a res makes it hard) we just did a low key party this year. Brody ended up having a BLAST though. It was noticeable how much he was enjoying himself and that alone is good enough for us!
Don't mind the sanded chairs...working on redoing the table.
 Kinsley got some cake eating Practice in before her turn in a couple months :)
 Present time!! Nana and Grandpa spoiled him with lots of presents that he was very anxious to open!


Getting lots of Ninja Turtle stuff!

He loved all of this gifts, and from what I could tell his favorite gifts were the Ninja Turtle van and the red Power Ranger motorcycle. He was one happy boy at the end of the night!
Us and our Birthday Boy. Isn't he so handsome!
Lovin all of this glow in the dark things!
 
Such a good Birthday for such an awesome little boy. We are so blessed to have this angel in our family.


No comments:

Post a Comment

background