Friday, September 7, 2012

25 weeks

25 Weeks
Friday
September 7th 2012
 
 

So, I’m going to start a fun new thing to remember all of the details about this pregnancy. I wish I would have started this sooner!! But Here I am at 25 weeks and I figured there’s no better time to start :)
How far along? As of today 25 weeks exactly
Total weight gain: About 12 pounds.
Maternity clothes? Yes, some. So far I can still zip one pair of shorts and can get away with using the belly band. The only pair of maternity pants I have are leggings, that I absolutely LOVE! So comfy. I can still get away with most of my normal shirts. My Sunday clothes are what I’m in trouble with; most of my dresses are too short now since I have the bump.
Stretch marks? No new ones from this pregnancy, that I can tell at least. My old ones are more noticeable now that I’m pregnant again though. Thank goodness there’s not a lot of them!
Sleep: It’s on and off, I think it depends on my day. If I’ve done a lot that day and my back hurts I have a hard time getting comfortable. But then other nights I can sleep through anything. I always have to get up at least once to use the restroom, sometimes up to 3 times!
Best moment this week? This week has gone by so fast yet so slow! Ian has been super busy with school, studying and work. We haven’t had a chance to do much. Tuesday Brody and I did a nature scavenger hunt, He had so much fun! We ended it at the park and laid a blanket out so we could look at everything we found. He had to find things like something rough, fuzzy, straight, beautiful and other descriptive things like that. It was so much fun watching him get excited about it. It was so hot though, I was glad to get back inside and rest!
Miss anything? I miss my energy, and just being able to handle doing normal things. Also being able to button my pants!
Movement: Yes, finally can count of feeling her move everyday :) Its almost like clockwork too, every evening. Some days she is a lot more active then others though.
Food cravings: Oddly enough I haven’t had a lot of cravings with this pregnancy, which is quiet contrary to my first. There was about a month that I could kill for some firm juicy green grapes. I still love grapes but wouldn’t necessarily call them a craving. I do enjoy cantaloupe, which is something I CRAVED with Brody. As of now, I could seriously down a shaved icee every single day. Ian treated me to one the other day, mango guava and peach. It was a tall cup of heaven right here on earth!!
Food aversions: Beef, more specifically ground beef. In fact just talking about it makes me want to hurl. Just the smell of it cooking grosses me out. It’s weird because I have never had a problem with ground beef before. Let’s just say we are eating A LOT of chicken around here…like every single night. Poor Ian has been such a trouper about it but I know he misses his hamburgers and hamburger helper.
Boy or girl: Girl!!! Our little princess.  
Labor signs: I don’t think so. Just the other day I got a very sharp pain, it happened a little less intensely a few more times that day then never returned. Maybe Braxton hicks? But no serious signs of labor at all and I hope they stay away until 40 weeks.
Symptoms: Exhausted. My energy level is pretty low, especially if I go outside. I’m thinking this St. George heat may have a little something to do with that though. It’s nothing like the first trimester though when I could hardly stay awake, all I wanted to do all day every day was lay in bed. Also I think I’m starting to get heartburn. It has just happened this week. It’s not quiet full on heard burn but I’m afraid it may be coming. Which stinks, I didn’t get heartburn until the last month with Brody! Back aches are another thing; my back has been hurting a lot more the last few weeks.
Belly Button in or out? Kind of half in and half out. Definitely not all the way out though.
Wedding ring on or off? On. It gets tight during the middle of the night but other then that it fits just fine.
Looking forward to: Cooler weather. And to get a break from babysitting! The mother of the little boy who I babysit is pregnant and will be going on maternity leave mid November. I can’t wait to have a break to just relax and enjoy my family!

I asked Ian today to help me take my weekely pictures, so hopefully next time I wont have a phone in the picture too!

No comments:

Post a Comment

background