Saturday, September 29, 2012

Brody's 4th Birthday Party


 Brody's 4th Birthday Party
Saturday
September 29th, 2012

This year Brody's Birthday was on a Monday, so we had his party the Saturday before. We got Star wars birthday invitations and drove around handing them out to all his friends. I wish I would have taken a picture of him, he was so cute and excited! He couldn't wait to have his party!

It seems so weird to me to be having his party outside, especially at a splash pad wearing bathing suits! I'm so used to it being cooler by now. In Washington there's no way we would have been able to have his birthday party at a splash pad. The park was so fun and such a good idea, it has lots of fun toys as well.
 

Me and my Birthday boy! I still cant believe that my son is 4 years old, where has the time gone. I have had so much fun with him over the years building some great memories together.
 
 
Normally a child having fun on a swing would not be a big deal at all, but for Brody it is. He has never really enjoyed being on swings, and he especially hasn't liked going very high. For some reason today he had a blast on the swings! He wanted to go higher and higher!
 




 
Getting ready to sing happy birthday.

 
Brody was so excited about his Star wars cupcakes. He even got to stay up late to help make them!


 
I love that big smile.


 
Ian was so great, he helped all of the kids get their cupcakes and ice cream. I didnt have to do anything! He even bought ice cream cones, what a fun dad! All my friends of course were great with helping as well, Im very lucky to have made some great friends here.
 


 
I wanted to get a picture of these cute boys, this is what I got haha.


 
He was such a happy boy :)

 
Opening his presents. All the kids kind of scattered for this part but heres his friend Tucker watching him open his present.


 

His friend Kaleb gave him this sparing thing, I cant remember the exact name of it (they are really into karate). Brody thought it was pretty cool when Josh told him to hit him with it!


Tyson and Quinne enjoyed the present opening, I think they really wanted to be the ones opening them though!
 

 
We of course had to get him something Star Wars.

 
We asked Brody what he wanted to do at his party. His only real request was to have water balloons! He has been quiet obsessed with them, asking for them for weeks but we made him wait till his birthday.
 
 
They all of course had a blast. It went fast but I'm so glad we (Ian) took the time to fill them all up, it made Brody so happy.


 
Our happy growing family. I love being with these two guys, they are everything to me. I'm so glad Brody had a wonderful party. We have been so blessed with some amazing friends and family, thanks everyone for coming and making Brody's party special!

No comments:

Post a Comment

background