Saturday, November 10, 2012

Zion

Zion in November
Saturday
November 10th, 2012
 
Since today was free fee day at all national parks we decided to take advantage of it and spend some time at Zion. The weather around here has still been pretty nice so I thought we wouldn't have any problems as far as that goes, well I was wrong to say the least! We even checked the weather before we went but ignored it because its always so nice, so we headed out the door with sweatshirts and called it good. On our way up we saw very few cars headed the same way, which is not normal, especially since it was free today. Once we got there we ran into a few people but still nothing like it usually is, and those few people were bundle up like no other! Lets just say we felt slightly under prepared. Ian asked if I wanted to just head home since it was so cold but I was excited about being there so we jumped on the shuttle.
 
Ian has been to Zion a lot and knows his way around quiet well, so I let him pick the hike we were going to do. I went with the intentions of doing something very simple since I'm 34 weeks pregnant and we have a 4 year old with us, Ian on the other hand had something different in mind. He picked weeping rock and hidden canyon, I had no idea what that meant until we got going of course.
 
Here's Ian and Bro on our way to weeping rock. This part wasn't too bad, it was all uphill but I could handle it since we just started. We were all pretty cold at this point as well, but were still enjoying ourselves. Bro especially was so excited to be hiking!
 
 
 
These icicles give a glimpse into how cold it was on our little hike. We were so not used to it especially since it has been such nice weather.

 
Brody at weeping rock.


 
This was our first time seeing weeping rock but Ian has been here before of course. There was water running off it but that was also due to the rain/snow, Ian said it is usually a lot more "weepy".
 


 
I just had to get a picture of the snow at Zion. Even Ian was surprised and couldn't remember ever seeing snow there before.



Starting our hike up to hidden canyon. Brody got pretty tired at first, which I think was also due to it being so cold, so Daddy was nice and helped him out.


 
My two handsome boys :) Brody was in heaven, he has been asking us for weeks when we can go camping, this was the next best thing we were able to do this weekend. 

 
And here's the snow!!
 
 
 
I had been meaning to take my weekly pregnancy picture, especially since I missed last week, so I figured what better place to take it then here! I still cant believe I did this hike, and this isn't even as high as we got.

 
I love my little family!!


I finally had to tell Ian I couldn't do it anymore, it was just getting too steep and I was getting too tired. I didn't want to push it and have anything happen so we turned around and headed back. Looking at this picture I cant believe all these inclined didn't put me into labor!


My Gorgeous Brody Bro. 

 
After we got home Ian and I headed up to Brian Head while Brody got to hang out at grandma and grandpas. Ian had an installation job in an empty condo so I thought it would be fun to go with him. On our way up it started to snow, once we got there the snow was insane. Brian Head is a ski resort so I doubt this is anything new to them. We had a heck of a time just getting into the condo, we had to walk through snow that was higher then my knees! It was quiet an adventure. Luckily we were able to get the job done fairly quickly and head out before we got stuck in the snow. It was pretty scary on our way down the mountain but we managed to make it safely out, we even got to stop in Cedar city for Panda Express and some hot chocolate!



No comments:

Post a Comment

background