Thursday, November 1, 2012

Halloween 2012

 Our Awesome Halloween!!!
Wednesday
October 31st, 2012
 
I have to say we had a pretty awesome Halloween, and a pretty different kind of one from any we have ever had. We started off with swimming at our good friends the Bow's. Never have we even come close to been able to go swimming on Halloween before, in fact I remember going trick or treating in the snow a few times in my life. And I must admit I like it this way a lot better!!
 
It is no surprise Brody has a gun in his hand, that little boy is a total gun fanatic.
 
 
We are so proud of Brody this summer, he learned how to swim all by himself. One night we had some friends over to our pool and he just started swimming by himself! He especially loves jumping off the Bows diving board.
 

Brody and his two buds Tucker and Hudson splashing away. We had a heck of a time getting a picture of these three!! No ones looking at the camera but its still cute :)



We have been swimming together all summer long, so we figured it was about time for a picture! And what cooler day to document then Halloween.
 


After swimming Ian Brody and I headed over to the Findlay KIA car dealership for the trunk of treating they had. There were only about 6 cars set up but Brody loaded up on the candy here!

 
They also had this photo booth, we didn't get the best pictures but it was still fun.
 
 
 
Then we headed over to our church for our wards Trunk or Treat. Here's Brody at the Schaugaards car. I think he went to every car at least twice, and boy does he have the candy to show for it!


 
Bro with Peter Pan and Tinker Bell!! We sure love hanging out with these two cuties.


There were quiet a few batman this year, here's Brody with his friend Josh. Josh's mom just had her baby girl the night before, I cant wait till its our turn! Ian made the comment that her giving birth really puts it into perspective for us, it makes is seem so much more real and close for us!
 

 
Another Batman! Brody and his good friend Cooper!

 
 
 
After Trunk or Treating we headed out to do some traditional Trick or Treating with the Bows and Schaugaard's. We love trunk or treating, but Halloween just isn't Halloween without some good ol fashion trick of treating.
 
When Ian first but his costume on I honestly think Brody was a little freaked out haha, he wouldn't stand by him or hold his hand. It took him a while to warm up to the idea that it was just Daddy.

 

Our little gang trick or treating. We had Brody and Cooper as Batman, Hudson as Peter Pan, Oakley as Tinker Bell, and Tucker as Micheal Philps. They were all so cute!


 
Brody has a blast with his friends!! We are so glad we went with them, being together made it so much fun for the kids!
 
 


I kept trying to get a picture of these two boys, this is the best I could get. Brody and Cooper (the two batmen) were crazy's, they kept running from door to door, not wanting to stop or wait for anyone! And man did they have energy! It was fun to watch Brody, this year was the first year he has been old enough to really get into it.



You cant see it in this picture because of the flash but this house had Harry Potter playing on the side of their house, they were all decked out with decorations too. The neighborhood was so fun, almost every house had some sort of Halloween decorations up, inside and out!
 

 
Our little family :) I'm sad I didn't take advantage of the pregnant belly and dress up fun. After everything was all said and done I got the best Idea, I so wish I would have thought of it sooner! As  I have mentioned before Brody is beyond obsessed with Star Wars...I wish I would of have the idea sooner to have me dress up as a Pregnant Padme, Ian as Anakin and Brody as a youngling or something. That would have been so fun! But regardless of dressing up or not we all had a blast! It was great to be with family and good friends! Brody had one awesome night, he was out cold almost as soon as he sat down in the car, now that is a sure sign of a good night :)

2 comments:

  1. Looks like you guys had a ton of fun! I am a tad jealous of you guys getting to enjoy warm weather and getting to go swimming! : ) I have told Aaron the last 4 years that I want to move to AZ where its WARM.. I hate the cold

    ReplyDelete
  2. At first I thought I wouldnt like how warm it is, I thought I would miss the cold. Once in a while I do but for the most part I love the weather here!! You should totaly talk him into moving, you guys would love it!

    ReplyDelete

background