Wednesday, April 3, 2013

One Year Baby!

Our First Wedding Anniversary
Saturday
March 30th, 2013
Wow, we have already been married a year or it seems more like 20...haha depending on the day it can feel like both. I am so happy to have shared the last year of my life with this wonderful man. We have been through A LOT the last year, or at least what feels like a lot! We had a lovely wedding followed by a pretty awesome honeymoon. Ian was still a teacher at the time and took on couching track so was gone a lot of late nights. I was called to be the second councilor in the Primary a few weeks before our wedding, which seemed like a huge deal to me at the time!! A couple weeks after we were married Ian was called to be the second councilor in the Bishopric, which seemed like an even huger deal to me!! Talk about crazy, I literally got to sit by my husband one sacrament meeting while we lived it Utah. About 4 weeks after we were married I started feeling a little different and knew exactly what was going on, we were PREGNANT :) I was sick and down right exhausted for the first 1 1/2 trimesters of my pregnancy and I'm willingly admitting I was next to impossible to live with. I'm not joking when I say I'm surprised we made it through those first months of our marriage :/ The school year came to and end and Ian got hired as the lead installer for our friends shutter and blind business (at the time we thought just for the summer). We had an extremely hard time making it on Ian's teachers salary so after a lot of long talks Ian told his principal he would not be coming back next year. So there we were pregnant and with no insurance because we owned a house which was actually costing us money to have. So after a lot of working with them we finally were able to pay for me to have state insurance, huge relief!! Ian took a painting job in Florida for a couple weeks in the summer and other then that worked as the installer. We started making some really great friends in St George (I hope will be life long friends) and grew to love it there. I started the long process of trying to mind things with my family which as you can imagine added a ton of stress to my life but definitely worth it. Ian and I discussed about every option we thought we could do and we decided to go back to school. Ian did one semester which was like a living nightmare, we hardly ever saw him and when we did he was doing homework or studying. We quickly realized that wasn't working so he started applying for jobs like crazy. I never realized how long it took to apply for jobs!! Now all his time was spent doing that with no one ever getting back to us. Isn't having your MBA supposed to get you somewhere?? Apparently not anymore. We started the long process of  having Ian adopt Brody, which we are thrilled about! Our due date was getting closer and closer and nothing was happening yet. So on December 21st I was induced and had our monster of a baby!! We just loved and adored her from the moment we laid eyes on her. But I wont lie, it was and still is a hard adjustment. Ian finally got some calls back from jobs but by then we started applying to anything out of desperation so they were not by any means what we were hoping for. He was working for SOS and doing secret calls to businesses during the morning/afternoon, installing blinds the rest of the day and driving taxi all night. Being sleep deprived was an understatement. All the while I had a newborn baby at home and a 4 year old to entertain. Life was less then perfect and defiantly not what we imagined for us. I had been against him being a teacher from the beginning since the pay in so incredibly horrible. I prayed and prayed about what to do and finally I went to him one day and said we need to look back into educations because nothing else was happening. I wasn't excited about this because it would mean a move since he is only certified to teach in Arizona. He applied for a job, was called the very next day, had an interview the next and was offered the job. I was in shocked it all happened so fast. We took the job drove to Prescott AZ on a Thursday found a place to live, drove home packed our things up and moved that Saturday. This was very sad for us since we loved St George so much. We had amazing friends and lived in a great ward, it was extremely hard to leave. Ian started work that Monday and I was left to wrap my brain around the fact that I was now along in a town I knew nothing about. We were extremely lucky to get into another pretty good ward and I have made some friends but still miss my old ones every day. I am back in the Primary Presidency as the Secretary now and Ian is teaching Gospel Doctrine, were glad to serve the Lord but so thankful they are not as intense as our old callings.The date for Brody's biological father to respond came and went so our odds for the adoption going well are very great.  As we ran into before, Ian's teaching salary doesn't quiet cut it so he is now tutoring after school until 7:00 every night. We are beginning to settle into living in Prescott but would still move back to St George in a heart beat if we could. Looking back on everything that we went through our first year I cant believe we even had 2 seconds for each other. But life is crazy and it always will be, in fact the more kids we have the crazier it'll get!! Just being with this man makes it all worth it though. He truly loves and adores me and it constantly shows through the kind acts he does for me. Our marriage isn't perfect, but really who's is. I think the imperfect makes you love and appreciate each other even more. So here's to an eternity of anniversaries together :)

Our wedding day


One year later :)

 

2 comments:

  1. Happy Anny you two! Every trial, makes you stronger. Miss you so much!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They really do make you stronger, thats for sure! Miss you so much too, I cannot tell you how excited I am for us to come stay with you guys soon!! :)

      Delete

background