Monday, February 18, 2013

Trip to the zoo

 
Trip to the zoo
Monday
February 18th, 2013
 
 Today was a holiday and we had finally received a pay check so we decided to go have some fun as a family and visit the Phoenix zoo. I was also excited because this would be Kinsley's first big outing, and first time really being outside for very long.
 
All packed up and ready to go! It was so nice out, of course being that we were in Phoenix. It was the perfect weather, this made me excited to be able to take Kinsley out in it.
 
 
 
The first thing we did was ride the carousel, Brody of course enjoyed that.


I don't know why but for some reason he really wanted to ride "the bird". He already had it picked out and everything while we were waiting in line. Haha I was tempted to sway him into riding the lion or something a little more manly but I figured it wouldn't hurt to let him ride his bird.



I wish I would have got a better picture of this one, it was a bunch of huge amazon fish, we thought they were pretty cool.








 Almost everywhere there was water there was also turtles. I would say these little guys were one of Brody's favorite animals, which was funny because they weren't even the main attractions.

 
We thought since Bro liked the little swimming turtles so much he would love this huge thing, but turns out he wasn't all that interested. I still thought he was cool, I have never seen one this big!!

 
Bro next to some big elephant skulls.

 
Brody did so good, we could tell he was getting tired but he didn't once complain and want to be held. Daddy was nice and gave him a ride for a while :)




 
Miss Kinsley was perfect, she slept almost the whole time!! Just towards the end did she finally decided to wake up.

 
Finishing up lunch. It was nice to have Kinsley awake and looking around. I was so glad the weather was nice enough for her to be out!

 
We forgot to wipe down Brody left over pizza haha, but I thought this picture was pretty cool with the lion roaring in the background.

 
Kinsley nice and happy after being feed. Before we left I didn't clue into the fact that it would warm there so we weren't prepared as far as sun screen and a hat for Kinsley goes. All we could find once we were there was this hat, size 0-18 months. Who does that, seriously 0-18 months, needless to say it was huge, but I still think it was cute!



 
This picture cracks me up, Daddy taking care of the kids. Poor Kinsley is squashed between the two boys!


 
Brody thought this statue was fun to say the least!


 
I have never been around these kind of cactus, and had no idea they could be this big!!



 
Brody and I got to go and see the sting rays, they were awesome!


Brody had a blast with them! I wasn't able to get any pictures of him actually touching any, but he did get to touch quiet a few.







 
This one has to be the funniest story of the whole day. Brody asked me if this guy was going to eat us. I told him no, that the fences were there to make sure he cant get out. Brody then wipes his forehead with his hand and says "phew, those zoo keepers are really nice!"


 
Oddly enough this was one of Brody's favorite exhibits, if not favorite. He thought these guys were SO funny! They kept standing up and making these funny noises, Brody couldn't get enough of them!



 
Headed back to the car after a long fun day!


1 comment:

  1. Emma loves tortoises. Our mall has I think 5 now and they range from 500 lbs to the babies at 100 lbs. We used to live closer to that mall when I was pregnant with Braxton and I was almost a daily thing to go and see them. I am glad that its about 30 minutes to go over there now and we don't have to go a ton. The first time we went into that store I didn't realize it was real and they scared the crap out of me. They just roam the store usually.

    ReplyDelete

background