Sunday, May 11, 2014

The Days Are Long, But The Years Are Short

The Days Are Long, But The Years Are Short  
Sunday
May 11th, 2014
 
The days are long, but the years are short. I try to remind myself of this, especially when the days seem really really long. When the kids are both cranky, Ian and I are both sleep deprived and absolutely nothing seems to be getting done, those are the long days. But then I notice Brody writing his own name, teaching himself how to play a game and making his own sandwhich for lunch. Kinsley walking down the hall, climbing on top of Daddy's dresser and bringing me her shoes and jacket because she wants to go outside and I wonder how on earth did this happen. How did you two babies turn into this so quickly. We all have rough days, every single mom has rough days, but I will take every rough day that comes my way for the love the goes along with them. I became a mother so young that I never really had time to fully understand what it meant, what came along with being a mother. I had no idea the joy, excitement and love that came along with it. If you ask Ian he will tell you I am a good wife, but an even better mother (by no means does that mean I'm perfect at it though). My children mean absolutely everything to me. I thank Heavenly Father every single day for trusting me to be their mother, I cannot think of a greater honor. I love these two with all of my heart, and I always will.

 
I adore this picture, the love Brody gives me is just about enough to burst my heart.

 
Picture taking is NOT easy with these two...my Mom will quickly attest to this. Someone was always trying to touch someone, poke someone or make someone laugh but I wouldn't have it any other way. Looking through these pictures shows me the love these two crazy kids have for each other, and I love it!




 
Some day's  I wonder what I did to deserve a little boy like Brody. He can be a royal pain in the bum, but he can always be the sweetest most lovable little boy a mother could ever ask for. Almost every day he randomly tells me "Mom, I love you...just so you know" and "Mom, your so beautiful" and he asks to snuggle with me every night before bed. What more could a Mom ask for!

 
Pretty sure I'm the luckiest Mom ever! I must be doing something right to deserve this kind of love :)

 
Brody is not only good to me but also to Kinsley. Yes he can pick on her and boss her around like any other older child but it's so obvious he adores the heck out of this sweetie. Every day he tells me about 10 times how cute or adorable Kinsley is. Kinsley is luck to have a big brother like Sweet Brody.
 

I don't think Mothers day is just about the Children, it's also a day for Dad's to show their appreciation for the Mother of their children, and Ian did just that!! A week for so before Mother's day he asked me what I wanted, I told him NO candy (trying to loose weight), that all I wanted was lots of help with the kids, that I didn't want to cook and I wanted a bath and back massage. He was awesome with the kids (as always), make me breakfast lunch AND dinner (not an easy dinner either), and let me take a bath all by myself with some yummy bath salt he bought me. How awesome is he!! I am so lucky to have Ian Brody and Kinsley in my life and am so grateful for a day each year to make sure and remind me of these wonderful blessings. 


1 comment:

  1. Love the pictures of you and your two monkeys! :) Sounds like you had a great Mother's Day!

    ReplyDelete

background