Saturday, December 8, 2012

38 weeks


38 weeks
Saturday
December 8th, 2012





How far along? 38 weeks and 1 day. I know I just did one earlier this week, but since I don't have many weeks left at all I figured Id better get back on track and do them on the actual right dates.
 
Total weight gain: 29 pounds. My appetite still isn’t what it used to be.
 
Maternity clothes? Same story as always.
 
Stretch marks?  I have 3 or 4 on my stomach, I cant tell for sure since I cant see that low haha.  
 
Sleep: Ugh sleep, we have a love hate relationship that’s for sure. Still having a very hard time getting even remotely comfortable and frequent trips to the bathroom tend to put a damper on sleep. I also get so incredibly sore at night, specially down there…so weird I know.
 
Best moment this week? The whole exhaustion thing makes it hard to even remember what we did this week! Brody and I stopped by the temple one day for a while, its always good to be there..such a wonderful place. Tonight was also our ward Christmas party, being around friends and Brody seeing Santa was fun.
 
Miss anything? Comfort, I’m so ready to have my body back!!
 
Movement: Yes, but its getting so uncomfortable I almost wish she didn’t move around as much. I feel like there’s no room left in my stomach, every movement she makes hurts! She sure loves poking her arms and legs out too.

Food cravings: Pop and orange Julius’s as always. I have also been having a sweet tooth lately, nothing in particular just something sweet!  

Food aversions: Luckily I can stand pretty much everything, much better then my first trimester let me tell you. Ground Beef still isn’t my favorite but I can do it.
 
Boy or girl: Girl :)
 
Labor signs: Lots and lots of contractions but unfortunately they aren’t consistent enough and not increasingly painful enough. And I know this my sound pretty nasty but hey birth aint pretty...lots of mucusy discharge, including brown mucus, no blood though. I was pretty sure before, but now there’s no denying the fact that this little girl has dropped and moved forward!
 
Symptoms: Still the same list as always except for the increase in contractions and brown mucus, if those are even considered symptoms. They are annoying if not! Can you tell I'm getting pretty touchy and irritable. I'm trying  not to be negative but its so hard when your so uncomfortable and miserable.
 
Belly Button in or out? Still insanely out. You can always see it threw my shirt its so much out!
 
Wedding ring on or off? Definitely off, and its not going back on till after delivery. I'm scared to death of getting it stuck, especially during delivery. I could just see myself trying to get it off and just freaking out because I cant. That’s the last thing I want to worry about, and the last thing poor Ian needs haha.
 
Looking forward to: Still seeing the rest of my maternity pictures!! Cant wait!! Also we are going Christmas caroling sometime this need week with some of our friends, it should be a lot of fun. And my sister Anya is coming to visit this next weekend, we are so excited to have her!!
 
Fun facts: We have our Christmas tree up and all the presents underneath it, all of which are for Mr. Brody. One day he was talking about them and asked where mine were, I told him that all the presents this year were for him. He thought about it for a minute then proceeded to tell me “But mom, Santa already wrapped your present, and put it in your belly” He sure knows how to make my heart melt :) Another fun fact, my sense of smell is out of control. The other night we were in our bedroom talking before bed and I noticed a smell, I couldn’t figure out what it was but I knew something was different. As soon as I walked into the bathroom and saw the empty box of bar soap in the garbage I knew what the smell was. Ian couldn’t believe I could smell the soap from in our room with the bathroom door closed! Maybe now he will understand why I am so sensitive to smells. Also if we did happen to change our minds and decide to get induced a week early we could have this baby in as little as 6 days!! Wow that seems so unreal to me, we are actually here, at the end…this is happening. I still don’t know if the reality of everything has hit me quiet yet, I'm sure it wont until it is actually happening. I do know that I am getting a little nervous, nervous for delivery and nervous about having a newborn. I am so excited but at the same time a little scared. I know how much our lives are going to change and it freaks me out a little bit. I think of how easy life has been the past couple years with just Brody, now were going to be back to hauling a car seat around everywhere, nursing every 2 hours, sleepless nights. But I know there is so much joy that comes along with all of that too, I'm nervous but happy for this all at the same time. I am ready but then I'm not. I want to hold her in my arms so bad but then I'm content with keeping her in my tummy. I think I'm just afraid of all the changes that are about to happen. I'm also nervous as to how this will affect Brody and my relationship, it seems like its been just him and I for so long its going to be so strange to have another child. I love Brody more then I ever imagined possible, as soon as I became a mom he became my world. We have such a close relationship, such a special bond, that I'm afraid I wont be able to love another child in the same way. I know this is just me being nervous but these are all the thoughts running through my head. Choosing to become a parent to another child is a huge deal, it changes everything but we are so excited for the change. From all my nervousness it may sound like we don’t want her but we do, we love her already and cant wait for her to join our family. I just cant believe it is happening!! The whole pregnancy I looked forward to these last moments, now they are here and I don’t quiet know what to think. I am very excited about delivery, but I have to admit I'm a bit more nervous this time then I was with Brody. I think its because this time I know whats coming my way, I know what to expect. I'm deathly afraid of having to have an emergency c-section! I'm afraid something might go wrong. I'm also nervous because last time I was induced and this time I'm hoping to go into labor naturally. I'm scared that I might not know what the right time to go into the hospital will be, what the beginning of labor feel like. How will I know? These thoughts are on my mind a lot lately, I am getting so anxious!! I really want to go into labor naturally this time though, I hope she comes by her due date so I wont need to get induced. I'm also so happy to have Ian by my side through the delivery, last time I didn’t have a husband there for me so this is a whole new experience for me. I'm nervous about him too, what If I'm in so much pain that I get mean, and he takes it personally and isn’t there for me like I need him to be. He can be a little sensitive about my emotions and reactions throughout this pregnancy so I'm really nervous that he wont handle to whole birthing emotions that well. I love him and don’t want to hurt him but If I'm in excruciating pain I may just snap at him and I just pray he knows I don’t mean it. Wow, I wrote a lot!! Sorry for my venting, I'm just getting so anxious and nervous and excited!!  


Me and The Mr. Brody in front of our tree after our Ward Christmas party. I forgot that its so small and didn't realize we would cover almost the whole thing haha.
 


No comments:

Post a Comment

background