Monday, December 24, 2012

Christmas Eve 2012

 Christmas Eve 2012
Monday
December 24th, 2012
 
Christmas Eve was a little different then the norm for us this year. We had the amazing blessing of having a 3 day old baby girl with us in our home and in our family :) And as you can imagine I was still physically recovering from delivering a 10 pound 13 ounce baby. We wanted to do some fun things with Brody, like bake cookies for Santa and make a ginger bread house. It wasn't exactly like we wanted but we made it work and had a great night!
 
We had lots of down time to snuggle and love on our new little or should I say not so little bundle of joy :)
 

 
Brody absolutely loves and adores his sister, he cant get enough of her! It is so sweet to watch. I knew he would be a great big brother but a part of me was still a little nervous as to how he would handle it at first. So to see his unconditional love for her is such a relief and so heart touching for me.
 

 
Uncle Gabe hadn't seen Kinsley yet, so he stopped by to spend some time with us. Brody loves his uncle Gabe so he was more then glad to have his help making the ginger bread house.



 
I just adore this look of happiness on his face here. He is such a sweet child, so loving and caring. I sure am proud of the little man he is coming.

 
Proudly showing off his gingerbread house!


I initially planned on making homemade cookies with Brody for Santa. I guess I had forgotten what it was like 3 days after you have a baby because I was totally not up for it!! In fact other then when I took this picture I was laying in bed with Kinsley the whole time. So Ian did those pre-made chocolate chip cookies with Brody and called it good.
 




 
I wasn't out here to witness this one...apparently Brody's gingerbread house kind of started to slide and fall apart, I'm not sure if there wasn't enough frosting on the top or what but the roof fell apart. So instead of trying to fix it Brody thought it would be a good idea to just help it along and he full out punched it causing it to look like this! Ian said he didn't know wither to be upset of laugh, we ended up just laughing about it haha!

 
Since this is our first Christmas together we got to start our own family traditions. One of them we decided on was to have us all open one gift on Christmas eve. Brody opened one from Nana and Grandpa Jensen, a matching game.


 
 
My handsome little man. I sure love his guy, he has his Mommy's heart!

 
Brody opening up his book, I think I mentioned this in an earlier post, I wrapped 24 Christmas books and every night Brody got to pick one and open it up, he loved it!! Definitely a successful tradition we are going to keep doing!


 
We also opened our gift for the 12 days of Christmas. Someone did a basket full of gifts and stories for the 12 days of Christmas for us and dropped it off at our door. We have been so blessed this Christmas season, what a great season to have a baby! Our friends have been so kind and giving to us, and many of them we don't even know who they are. We have had dinners brought to us and lots of gifts. Last night we opened the door to two huge boxes of diapers and a huge box of wipes!! We cannot thank everyone enough for what they have done for us. 
 
Miss Kinsley just hanging out with me while I got some Santa stuff ready :) She was a perfect angel and completely content the whole time.

 
It was Ian's first year playing Santa and he did such a good job, I could tell he enjoyed it too. We wanted to do the traditional peanuts and orange in the stockings but completely forgot so he found a store that was open late and went out and bought some.

 
He also had to run to his parents house and pick up this big basketball hoop we were hiding over there, he was quiet the busy "Santa".

 
Two of my three loves :)

 
Everything all ready for the kids!!

 
Ian set the stage for Santa...he drank the milk and make sure to leave some cookie crumbs. He also wrote a "note" from Santa to Brody and us. I told you he was a great Santa! The only thing I told him he forgot was to put Kinsley's name on the note, he said it was his first time and he was still figuring it out haha. I cut him some slack since she is only 3 days old.

 
Kinsley Mae asleep and ready for Christmas to come :)


No comments:

Post a Comment

background