Friday, December 21, 2012

40 weeks!!!

 
40 weeks
Friday
December 21st, 2012

How far along? 40 weeks exactly!

Total weight gain: I’m not exactly sure since I haven’t had another doctor’s appointment but I’m guessing around 36 pounds.

Maternity clothes? Same story as always, I swear I live in my maternity leggings, poor Ian is probably getting so sick of seeing them.

Stretch Marks? I have a few red ones around my belly button :(

Sleep: Sleep, oh where do I begin? I am so extremely uncomfortable sleep is a challenge to say the least. Especially at night, by then I am so sore that it makes it even harder. I have never been so sore in my entire life!! My whole pelvic area and upper legs are unbearable at times; it gets to the point to where I literally have a hard time moving my own legs!

Best moment this week? This morning :) :)

Miss anything? I just miss normal things that I so took for granted, like walking normally, being able to bend over, shave my legs, paint my nails (although I did get Ian to paint them yesterdayJ), having the energy to play with Brody…things like that.

Movement: Yes, but not nearly as much as before. I can tell that there is just no room at all left in there. She squirms around every once in a while but even that feels so different then her usual movements. I’m glad she doesn’t move that much though because its actually kind of painful for me! I’m telling you, there’s just no room!

Food cravings: Still pop and sweets.   

Food aversions: Luckily no big food aversions.  

Boy or girl: Girl :)

Labor signs: Still the inconsistent contractions.  

Symptoms: Same long list as before, with increased heartburn and acid reflex.  
 Belly Button in or out? Still out, very very much out.  

Wedding ring on or off? Off.

Looking forward to: Meeting our baby girl very shortly!!!

Fun facts: Well today is the day, we are getting induced and having this baby!!! I am so excited and so ready. This pregnancy, especially the end of it, has been really hard on me. But despite how hard it has been, as odd as it sounds I know there will some things I will miss about being pregnant. I love being pregnant, I love the feeling you get from it, the love and the bond that comes from growing a human being, YOUR child inside of you. I love the way Ian looks at me, I love the way he rubs my tummy, and I love how he will do anything and everything I ask of him. I love when Brody comes up to my tummy and talks to his sister, telling her how much he loves her and gives “her” a kiss. I love the sweet loving looks strangers give me; because carrying a child is such a precious thing. I even love the aches and pains that come along with pregnancy because without them this miracle of life would never be able to happen. I am glad we are at the end but also sad. I have struggled but have loved every step throughout this experience. Now all that’s left is the beginning of a wonderful addition to our family, we can’t wait to meet our little princess!
 
One more fun fact I forgot to mention throughout this whole thing,Ian went to every single one of my doctors appointments, from the very beginning. Seriously, how awesome is he!! 
 
 
 
 
 
Yes, I made Ian take a picture of me as we were headed out the door to go to the hospital. Might I add that this just happened to be at 6:30am!!
 

 
 
The hospital was so fun with all the Christmas lights, I just had to get one last belly shot :) So strange to think the next time we walk out of here will be with our baby girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment

background