Saturday, March 9, 2013

Spring Break 2013

Spring Break 2013
 
We have missed St George sooo much! If I had my way we would move back there right now, but as life usually goes that's not going to happen anytime soon so we have to settle for visiting. We got the job here in Prescott so suddenly that we never had a chance to bless Kinsley before we left, and we didn't want to bless her in a ward where we know next to no one so we made plans to come back to St George for Kinsley's baby blessing. And what better time to do that then Spring Break!!
 
 
Saturday  
March 9th, 2013
We got here Saturday evening, Anya also came for the weekend to be at the blessing. We were go glad she could make it, it was nice to at least have one person from my family there. Our good friends the Tyrells were only in town tonight so we all meet up at our favorite ice cream shop Ice Burg...we had been missing it ever since we left!!
 
 
Sunday
March 10th, 2013
 
We were so excited to be back at our old ward. Even though we were only there a little over a year it really feels like our home ward. We loved the members, everyone is no nice and friendly and willing to do anything to help the other members. We really got to know a lot of people through our callings and miss everyone dearly. I started feeling sick Saturday night and it kept getting worse so we only lasted for sacrament meeting, but it was still great to see everyone.
 
Ian did such a wonderful job on Kinsley's blessing! I couldn't not have been more proud of him. He was pretty nervous before hand, as can be expected. Kinsley was perfect the whole time, awake but not a pep came out of her. His love for this little girl was so apparent, he adores her so very much. Someone taped me on the shoulder right after the blessing to ask me something so i missed it :( but I was told that Ian held her up after he blessed her and she had a big yawn, I did hear some awww's. What a wonderful experience it was for our little family :)
 
Men we had in the blessing: Grandpa Harvey, Uncle Tyrell, Uncle Keith, Bishop Rhodes, Dave Kinsie, Ryan Bow, Gary Schalguard, and Josh Judd.
 

Afterwards we had Aunt Anya take some pictures of us.
 




 
This is the best we could get!!



 
Monday
March 11th, 2013
 
As I mentioned earlier Saturday night I started to not feel good, well today we even worse, I felt completely horrible. I would get sick on our vacation to St George! I don't know how but I managed to get out of bed and go to Dixie Rock with everyone. Ever since we told Brody we were coming to St George he has been bagging to go to Dixie Rock. He loves it here! He loves climbing and exploring but he especially loves playing hide and seek.



It was such a nice day! In fact it was pretty dang hot out. We once again forgot miss Kinsley's hat (were bad at that since its not very warm where we are) so we had to improvise with a blanket. 


 
Bro Going through this crazy skinny cave!



 
I wasn't doing too hot, so we took a break for a little bit and sat down. Brody was having too much fun and did not want anything to do with pictures. 


Aunt Ariel and Jacob came and hung out with us! Brody and Ian went and played hide and seek with Grandpa while we relaxed in the shade. It was so fun spending time with Ariel, its always fun chatting with her! 


 
Later that evening Grandpa took Brody for a ride on the mopeid, he of course had a blast! They were gone for quiet a while too, Ian and I waited for forever thinking they were just going around the block and back.



 
Tuesday
March 12th, 2013
 
I had all these plans to spend time with my friends while we were there and then my dang sickness came along. I don't know how but I managed to get together with them at the splash pad. Its so crazy that it was warm enough to go to the splash pad in early march! Makes me miss St George weather so much! It was so nice to put Kinsley in warm weather clothes and not have to bundle her up.

 
The kids had a blast together, Brody and Kooper especially had fun playing together. It was so nice having Brody back with his friends!!


 
Cute little Zeb!! We miss this little guy. He sure kept his mom busy!

 
Us girls had a great time too!! I sure do miss these girls. We stayed for 3 hours and enjoyed every minute of it!


Brody and the Bow kids :)
 

 
About an hour after we left the splash pad us girls got back together and had dinner. It was so nice to have some time with just the girls!! The food was great and the company was even better :)
 
Ian wanted to be able to spend some of his spring break at home just relaxing, so we headed home Wednesday. Tuesday night was horrible for me, I don't even think I got one full hour of sleep. I couldn't breath out of my nose, I couldn't stop coughing, my throat hurt so bad my voice was completely gone, and my ears were throbbing like crazy! Wednesday afternoon I couldn't take it anymore so we headed down to the Insta Care. Turns out I had a fever and a nasty cold on top of a double ear infection....so not fun!! I am so glad I got some medication for my ears before we drove home, I think the change in elevations would have killed my ears! We didn't get to do everything we wanted but we still had a great time with friends and family. Wishing we were back there already!

No comments:

Post a Comment

background