Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Thoughts and realizations

Random thoughts and realizations from our day out
Wednesday
March 27th, 2013
 
There really is so significant meaning to this post, just an interesting day (I don't get out much since we only have one car). Brody Kinsley and I had the car today so we got some errands and shopping done...here are a few thoughts that ran through my head...
 
1. Every brand should carry baby clothes in size 3-6 months. Kinsley is a tad bit too small for some 3 month clothes but most 6 months are either a little too big or a lot too big. Seriously isn't there quiet a difference between a baby who is 3 months and one who is 6 months...so what are they supposed to wear in between? Also I wish all clothing brands had to use the same sizes, why is it that in Gap Brody can wear 6t but at the children's place they are hanging off of him...just a thought.
 
2. Can feet get fat?? OK I know they can, but can mine? And If so please tell me its just swelling from the pregnancy. Although she is 3 months old can I even still use that as an excuse. Or better yet can feet grow once your fully grown? Because my flats don't fit half has comfortably as they used to. Also made me realize how badly I need to cut my toe nails, moms have no time to pamper themselves!
 
3. How sick can one person get...or how many times can one person get sick!? I came to the realization today that I'm almost 100% positive I have yet another ear infection. LAME! Here's my sick log since we've moved to Prescott..Cold, another cold, double ear infection, maybe pink eye...something that consisted of a very red eye with some occasional gunk, stomach flu which literally made me want to die, another cold and yet another ear infection. Keep in mind we have only been in Prescott 2 months.
 
4. Moms deserve a lot of admiration and respect, in fact I'm pretty sure they should be worshiped for what they do! And I'm not just saying that because I'm one of them, I'm talking about all moms, especially moms of 3 or more kids because then your just plain out numbered. Shopping with 2 kids alone wasn't nearly as easy or fun as I thought it would be.
 
5. Everyone has a mean/strict side. Usually I'm a complete softy when it comes to the kids. It drives Ian insane because it causes a lot of inconsistency with punishment and such. I just see those sweet little faces and all my anger melts away. But sometimes even with me those cute little faces don't work. I can actually be a strict mom (when I need to be), and I kind of like it. In small doses of course :)
 
6. Ever mall should be required to have a pretzel shop, don't you think? Brody is obsessed with them, every time he sees a mall the word pretzel comes out of his mouth. Well our mall happens to be one of those malls that hasn't quiet gotten with it because there's not a pretzel in sight. They do sell super yummy and super big cinnamon rolls though!
 
7. Is it just me or does this years selection for Easter outfits for kids totally stink. Seriously where are all the cute Easter clothes. Having very few shops to pick from might have something to do with it...but still. I'm completely bummed. I wanted to find super cute outfits for the kids since Kinsley's so little and cute but had no such luck.
 
8. This is one of my favorites realizations from yesterday :)! I'm not as small as I used to be, but I'm also not as big as I think I am. None of my pants fit that great, so while I'm trying to loose weight I gave in and decided to buy some bigger pants. The other day Ian and I went and found me a pair. I bought them in size 9 thinking they would be super comfy and great...while I got home and they were more like falling off me then comfy. So I went back to the store and exchanged them for a size 5. Not where I want to be but much better then where I thought I was.
 
9. Has any one else noticed crime shows getting down right freaky...or in all honesty all you have to do is watch the news to see the sickness in this world. Well I must see too much of it because I'm like a psycho when were out. I cant let Brody out of my sight without loosing it. I have to know where he is at all times or else I think hes been kidnapped. Am I over the top? Maybe, but Id rather be over the top then careless and have it actually happen.
 
10. What is the policy about using a dressing room to nurse?? Honestly If there is one I don't really care because its either that or we all get to hear my baby screaming bloody murder. So I think ill camp it out in the big dressing room for a while...don't mine me:) Sure hope no one is a wheelchair has to try anything on anytime soon.
 
11. I think I wore this same exact outfit Monday...and its only Wednesday...whoops!! Man do I ever need to go shopping. I'm also pretty sure I wore these same pants for at least a week straight. Wonder if anyone has noticed, although I'm sure my husband has.
 
12. Ive never been a millionaire but I just know id be darling at it. Haha really though If I had it, I could spend money like no other.
 
13. Everyone is hard to shop for! Our one year wedding anniversary is  coming up so I wanted to buy something for Ian. I had an idea of what I wanted to get but couldn't find anything that seemed right. They say girls are hard to shop for when the reality of it is people in general are hard to shop for. Heck I don't even know what I want half the time!
 
14. I love the idea of being healthy and I love fresh produce but the sad sad truth is most of the time I'm too lazy to use it before it goes bad. It just seems like so much work, which is silly because preparing any kind of food is work. I wish I were one of those people with a fridge full of produce...who actually used it.
 
15. Brody absolutely completely loves and adores me :) While at the grocery store he found a tag less bracelet on the ground which he apparently wanted to keep and later give to me as a present. I'm not sure if he shoved it in his pocket or it was just in his hand but as we were almost done he asked a lady who worked there how much it cost. In his mind he thought it was someone Else's who just happened to drop and leave it, that it wasn't the stores. I really wasn't sure either way so made him leave it. He proceeded to have a full blown melt down because I took his present to me away. He was devastated that he wouldn't be able to give it to me. He kept saying that someone else was going to take my present, he just couldn't stand this thought. I swear some people must have thought I beat him or something because in his eyes his world had come to an end. I was ticked off at him for making such a scene but also touched that he wanted to give me something to badly. My boy sure does love me!
 
16. Sadly most of the time my mood depends on the kids mood. If they are crabby you can bet I'm most likely crabby. I know I cant be the only mom with this problem. By the end we had all had enough.
 
17. Man I love crock pots, because the last thing I want to do after a day of shopping is cook dinner.
 
18. At the end of the day I realize that my kids may get a little crazy at times, that they may cry they may through fits and they may even cause scenes but they are my family and there's no one else Id rather spend my days with.
 
Well that's my long list of thoughts from our outing. Its made me come to the realization that either I need to get out more or think why do I even try!

 
Our trip to the dressing room. Brody thought it would be a good idea to use a nylon as a head band haha silly boy.

1 comment:

  1. haha thats too funny! loved your post but Really true!! To answer your question about feet yes they can grow. I wish mine would stay a little fat because then shoes would fit my feet better but they only get a little chubby at the end and then go away after delivery. I love flats but if I find them in the right size they are too wide and my feet flop around since they are too skinny with no fat and really narrow. DRIVES me NUTS! BTW I am sure you look just fine. : ) I always go up to a size 9 ish and it takes me about a year to get back down to pre pregnancy which depending on the pants I am between a size 2 and 7. That is another thing that drives me crazy that kind of like you said all clothes should be just the same. My kids are all different sizes too. Braxton has size 4T down to 2T. Love the post

    ReplyDelete

background