Thursday, October 18, 2012

The mind of a 4 year old

The mind of a 4 year old
October 2012
 
Brody is always saying the funniest things, and also the sweetest things. What comes out of his mouth never seems to surprise me! One day he said something and I thought to myself that I should really write it down, so after that I started writing things down that I didn't want to forget. Here are a few things this cutie comes up with...
 
*October 3rd: Brody is the sweetest most considerate little boy I have ever met. He is constantly telling me how beautiful I am, I mean like 20 times a day at least! He must have heard me complaining to Ian lately that I feel like I'm getting fat because here's what this little boy came up with. He walks up to me one day and says "Mom I think your beautiful, and not fat, but a little bit skinny....(pause)...just right." Seriously, how sweet is he!!
 
*October 8th: Brody and I were just relaxing on the couch chatting. I asked him if I was his best friend and he said yes. I always like teasing him so I told him he never gets to leave me, his reply was "Ok (pause for thinking)...but when I leave I'm going to call on the phone and always come back." Haha seriously what a cute.
A couple days later I was telling him how much I love him. His reply to that was "I love you too, but remember when I leave I'm going to call on the phone."
 
*October ?: I don't remember the exact date but it was sometime shortly after his birthday. Brody and I were at Walmart and ran into Sister Lillywhite, she is the 2nd councilor in the stake primary presidency, we work pretty closely since I'm the 2nd councilor in our ward (she helps me a ton with scouts!) Anyways we were chatting and I told Brody to tell her what he just had, meaning his birthday. His response to this was " Uhhh my FREAKIN star wars party." With a completely how could you not know attitude. I could have died, luckily she just laughed!
 
October 11th: I had my doctors appointment today so we all headed over to it. While waiting Brody was talking to some kids. He was trying to explain to them who Ian was, here's his attempt.."the one with the cut short hair cut...with the pokies...that's my Dad." Haha we couldn't help but laugh at this. It was a pretty good description being that Ian shaves his head.
 
October 14th: Brody's room was in serious need to a cleaning, and he knows I don't like a messy room. So while I was helping him get ready for church this morning he tells me "when we get home from church I want to clean up my room super sparkly!" My response "YES, PLEASE DO!"
 
Also this same morning I asked him if he wanted some cereal for breakfast. He said no, that he wanted vegetables for breakfast. Who is this kid!!
 
Brody was full of funnies today, because I have one more..which is probably my favorite. At 4 I had to go on some visits with our primary presidency, which always take a while. So when I got home Brody was asleep on the couch, I knew this was so not good, especially since he had been asleep for awhile. We managed to get him in his bed around 10 or so. Around 11:30 I opened our front door to check something out and when I closed it again Brody busts out of his room with a big smile on his face and said "Good Morning Mama!" Me: "Oh sweetie its not morning yet, Daddy and I haven't even gone to bed yet." Brody: "oohhh", smile instantly disappearing. Haha I couldn't help but laugh, he must have been just waiting to hear that door which meant Dad went to school and it was morning. So we made a bed for him on our floor (between my belly and the way he sleeps there's no way he would fit with us) and he was back to being excited :)

October 15th: Ian once told me that whenever his parents wanted to find out their kids secrets they would ask them questions while they were sleeping. We tried it a while ago with Brody and it so works! Tonight while checking on Brody I decided to give it another try. So I said the normal goodnight I love you to see if he was aware and he was, but still very much asleep. Then I asked him who his favorite was... Brody: "Mama." So I thought Id pry a little bit more, I asked him who his best friend was...Brody: "Daddy." Haha maybe I shouldn't ask questions I don't want to know. But hey at least I'm his favorite.

October 17th: Today after picking Brody up from Grandmas we headed to the store to pick up a few things. I was missing my little man so I told him "Brody I love you more then life itself" Brody: "Mama your SOOO beautiful." He sure knows how to make me feel good :)

Also today, I was in the kitchen making dinner and Brody was just hanging out with me. He started tapping his foot on the tile and asked me what that noise was. I guess I didn't clue into the fact that he was playing around because I told him I thought it was his foot. But Brody informed me that "no, its a bad case of ghosts!"

October 18th: We have one of those cloth closets in front of our window in our room (so not my ideal spot for it), and the light was shinning through it this morning, causing the bottom of it to look very lite up. Brody: Big gasp..."Mama whats that light in your closet!?" Me: "Oh its just the light shinning through the window. Brody: "No, I think its a monster taking Brody's presents!" Haha looks like its time to find a new hiding spot.

Also today. We have his friends Sam and Zion over and they all wanted to watch a movie with popcorn. Brody of course wanted to watch star wars but they ended up deciding on Kong fu panda 2. While watching it a fight scene came on, Brody leaned over to the boys and said "Star wars is way cooler, Star wars has light sabers." As if the fight scenes in Kong fu panda weren't cool enough!  
 


No comments:

Post a Comment

background